This page contains information about the software
demonstrations organized by the BLIS project
All of these events featured the following demo script with some local modifications. Please click on the VIDEO -links in the image below to download the screen capture video for that program. The file sizes of the videos are from 200KB to 3MB.
- Janus (CSIRO) converts a IFC R1.5.1 file to IFC R2.0
- The converted file is imported to Visio Technical 2000 (Microsoft)
- The Space Layout Editor (qPartners) creates a schematic space layout based on a space program that is imported from Excel.
- ArchiCAD 6.5 (Graphisoft) imports the space layout and creates a building model (walls, doors, windows, columns, slabs and roof) around the spaces.
- The resulting model is viewed in 3D using the IFC Viewer application (CSIRO).
- The model is imported to Visio Technical 2000 (Microsoft) and furniture, plumbing fixtures and HVAC systems are added
- The Solibri Model Checker (Solibri) does a design spell check on the model searching for possible design errors (consistent use of construction types, overlapping elements, element dimensions, exit ways etc.) The result is a HTML document containing the errors found in the model.
- Quantities by Q (qPartners) performs a quantity takeoff from the model and displays the results in Excel
- Precision Estimating (Timberline) performs a quantity takeoff and cost estimate from the HVAC systems. The cost estimate is done by linking the quantities from the model to the Timberline database containing assembly (material, labor, sub contract etc.) information.
- COVE (YIT) demonstrates linking the elements in the model to a assembly database. The result is used by Tarmo (YIT) to perform a cost estimate and a activity plan. Finally the result is passed to Planet (YIT) and a construction schedule is created.
- ComcheckEZ (PNNL) checks the model against the US energy code.
- Riuska (Olof Granlund) simulates the air flow in one space for 365 days and calculates the maximum air flow rates for the space.
- MagiCAD (Progman) imports the model and designs a HVAC system according to the requirements calculated by Riuska in the previous step. The HVAC components are taken from real manufacturers catalogues and it is possible to calculate the sound levels of the system and other relevant information.
- BSLCA (Olof Granlund) performs a life cycle analysis of the model.
- The IFC model geometry is converted to a file format understood by EnergyPlus (LBNL). EnergyPlus is a engine that can be embedded to software used for building simulations.
Copyright © 2000 VTT Building Technology
Author: Jiri Hietanen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All rights reserved.